I Love My Shiny Boots!
Let me guess...you've never done this... ;)
You see a project that you absolutely love, so you purchase the stamp set you need to make it. While you're waiting for it arrive, you see another sample you love, this time with something you already have in your stamp stash. So you make that one because you can make it right away. Then you keep seeing fun projects, and by the time you receive the item you wanted for that one card, you've already moved on.
Has this happened to you? No? Yes? Well, it has definitely happened to me,and it happened with the amazing Under My Umbrella stamp set and Umbrella Builder punch. I bought it a year ago, and now it's retiring, and I have never even used it. Phooey! So it was my mission this week to use it for my demonstration during What's Up!® Stampers on Facebook Live, and I love how it turned out!
What perhaps you can't tell is that the boots are shiny. So how did I do that? Let's see...
The first thing I did was to use a Blending Brush to blend a gray sky out of Smoky Slate ink. (off topic: PLEASE ignore that crazy, messy work space. It's indicative of my life).
I then stamped the raindrops in Smoky Slate, after which I created a mask out of sticky note using a 1 1/2" Circle Punch to add some Daffodil Delight ink using another Blending Brush.
I then stamped the boots in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and coloring them using Daffodil Delight (and the Dark Smoky Slate) Stampin' Blends. This is where it gets fun! I took the Versamark ink pad and went directly with it to the paper, right over the boots. Then I embossed that in clear embossing powder to make those boots shine! There is no punch for those boots, so I just quickly fussy cut them out with my Paper Snips.
There is one other unique thing about this card that I wanted to share. I cut the cardstock for this card a little differently than normal. The card base is simply a piece of Basic Gray cardstock cut 4 1/4" x 5 1/2." The Basic Black layer: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8." The Thick Basic White cardstock that opens is cut at 7 1/2" x 5" and folded in half. I just LOVE those boots and how the whole card came together!
A couple BIG reminders about what's up and coming:
- Join my virtual Catalog Kick-off Group on Facebook, where we are celebrating with lots and good fun, samples, and giveaways.
- Place your last chance order by Monday before it's too late to get your hands on all the retiring items!
- I'm hosing an IN PERSON catalog kick-off on Sunday. If you're local, here are the details and the links to sign up for a specific time slot.
- My Designer Series Paper Share sign up ends on Sunday. Make sure you're signed up and paid in plenty of time! For all the Designer Series Paper share information check it out.
- The new catalog goes LIVE on Tuesday!
-As always check out my Facebook page for all the latest!