September's Paper Pumpkin kit is super fun! It includes supplies to make 20 cracker boxes that can be used for any fall event. I've shared in the past that I do love making alternate projects using my Paper Pumpkin kits. In fact, I typically make the alternate project(s) first, then make the projects the kit is meant for with the leftover supplies. This time around, when the kid is designed to make 3D projects (candy holder), I like to design a card using the supplies in the kit so that those who like to make cards rather than gifts will have a fun idea for which they can use their Paper Pumpkin supplies. There are always, ALWAYS alternate ideas for the kit shared with demonstrators on Pinterest, and every month I share an alternate idea with my Paper Pumpkin subscribers. What are some other benefits to receiving that monthly project kit?
- In the kit, you receive everything you need to create the projects inside the box (usually a scissors is all you really need)
- You typically get a little bit of a sneak peek at what will be in the next month's box, so you can anticipate the fun that's coming or take the month off
- After you see the little sneak peek for the next month's kit, you can even choose to order more than one kit. Why would you do that? Perhaps it's going to be birthday-themed kit, and you can really use some extra birthday cards. Or it's going to be a Christmas card kit, and you want multiples of those
- When you are a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, you have the opportunity to purchase refills of the kit you just received (refill packs do not include the stamp set and ink pad you received in the regular kit) AND past kits that are still available.
- As stated above, I share an alternate project via Zoom or on YouTube every month
- When you join as my subscriber, you will be invited to my special Paper Pumpkin group (Nutso's Paper Pumpkin) on Facebook
- You don't have to be creative when that box arrives. the projects - with instructions - are all ready to go!
- You CAN be creative when that box arrives. Make something "outside the box," for instance ;) Get it? Outside the box?
- There are special Paper Pumpkin groups on Facebook that you can join to get even more alternate ideas
For the month of September, these are the intended projects for the kit:
I am super excited to get these made up for the few Trick-or-Treaters we get at our house...assuming there will be Trick-or-Treaters. I'm planning on a no-contact method of handing out our candy cracker boxes, so I'm super excited for those kiddos to come by our house!
As always, before making the project as it was designed, I created an alternate project. This kit was designed for any fall season (Fall itself, Halloween, or Thanksgiving), and I wanted to focus on Thanksgiving with the card I designed. The card is an amazing fun-fold that is surprisingly easy to put together. Check it out:
To make the fun fold, I started with a piece of Cajun Craze card stock that measures 4 1/4" x 7 1/2", and I score that 2" parallel to the short end. Then I cut the bottom piece of Cajun Craze card stock 2" x 4 1/4." Finally, the connecting piece measures 2 1/4" x 4 1/2." The Whisper White pieces were cut to fit on those pieces of Cajun card stock. The gingham check card stock is actually cut from two of the cracker boxes in the kit. I decorated the card using kit pieces, and stamped the Give Thanks from the Hello Pumpkin stamp set in the kit, using the Cajun Craze Stampin' Spot, which is also in the kit.
Watch here how I made this fun fold card, and give it a try! You don't have to be a Paper Pumpkin subscriber to try this super amazing fun fold! While you're there, subscribe to my channel so you don't miss any other fun ideas I share.
So what do you think? Does Paper Pumpkin intimidate you? Why? What are you afraid of? It's soooo fun to get a kit in the mail each month. The kits are easy, and I'll help you out, if you need it! I'm here for you!
Not convinced? Try this on for size...comment here about why you'd like to try Paper Pumpkin, and I'll put you into a drawing for a FREE KIT! A free kit? Try it for free? Don't pay a penny for a fun Holiday kit? YES! You read correctly! COMMENT ON THIS BLOG POST, telling me why you'd like to try the kit. Do so by OCTOBER 7 to be entered into the drawing! The Joy to the World kit can be yours...FREE!
You can also head to my Paper Pumpkin page to sign up. If you win the drawing, you can use that free one for October and delay payment until the November kit.