My family has a long history in Wisconsin that dates back to the 1960's. My dad - who grew up in Minnesota - became a teacher in central Wisconsin in 1962. He and Mom had my four siblings there before moving back to Minnesota in 1972. Fast forward 20 years...my brothers were both teachers in southern and central Wisconsin in the 1990's. One went to Sioux Falls for 17 years before becoming principal at the school in New Ulm we attended while growing up. One moved to Cincinnati in 2001 and is now back in Wisconsin as a principal near Milwaukee. In all those years he was in Cincinnati, we only were able to visit twice. Having him and his wife back in Wisconsin will be a blessing, as we will be able to visit more often!
So we spent the better part of three days in Wisconsin, enjoying each other's company. Saturday we were able to get to the homes of three nephews that live in the area, as well as to our favorite little Wisconsin cheese shop. Yum! Squeaky cheese curds and string cheese at their finest!
During our downtime, I've been able to make some more plans for fall stamping with both my team and all of you, my other stamping friends. You'll notice new classes going up on my Facebook events page, as well as my Stampin' Up!® business events page. I will do my best to keep everything current on those pages so you can easily see what's going on. Coming up in September I will be holding the following:
- Thursday, September 3: A special Stamp Together Thursday featuring an extra fun project that you will prepare at home; FREE on Facebook
- Thursday, September 10: A Birthday One Sheet Wonder class on Zoom and/or YouTube; $20 plus shipping
- Thursday, September 17: Something Out of the Ordinary class on Zoom and/or YouTube; $12 plus shipping
- Tuesday, September 22: A fun fall-themed Framed Art class on Zoom and/or YouTube; $25 plus shipping (sample coming this week!)
- Thursday, September 24: Coffee and Tea and Stamping with Me live and in person! $5
- Saturdays, September 5, 12, 19, and 26: Stamp Together Saturday on Facebook at 10am (September 5 will be pre-recorded); FREE
It's going to be a fun month! Sign up by visiting those pages listed above, either my Facebook page or my business page. Please contact me with your questions, and I will contact you to set up payment once you have registered for class.
So you see, this weekend was both relaxing, filled with enjoyable family time, and productive. It was a great combination to help us get ready for the week (and months) ahead!